Workshop Project: Hot Wire Anemometer

I just want to present my project I built as an own project in the electronics workshop hold at my university, that really has been quite interesting. Its a so called "Hot Wire Anemometer" (Airflow-meter).
Here you have the explanation as an excerpt of the project documentation:

Die Idee beim Hitzdrahtanemometer ist den Wärmeverlust an einem Glühfaden zu bestimmen und dadurch auf die Geschwindigkeit des kühlenden Luftstroms zu schließen. Um den Wärmeverlust messen zu können wird die Widerstand – Temperatur Abhängigkeit des Glühdraht benutzt um diesen auf einer konstanten Temperatur also Widerstand zu halten. Schließlich wird der dazu notwendige Strom, bzw der Spannungsabfall am Glühdraht gemessen, verstärkt und ausgewertet.

Although we had a bunch of problems in the end everything worked very well and was a nice combination on analog and digital elements. As a hot wire we used a 6V light bulb where we took off the glass.


Comments

Mikazo said…
I'm curious if you would be able to interface with your anemometer using a computer? That was my original intention for my own much more primitive anemometer project that I never finished.

http://mikazotechblog.blogspot.com/2008/08/uncompleted-homemade-anemometer.html"

Popular posts from this blog

Help me to improve support texts

Dry-Ice Canon fun